SAP Basis Consultant
27/06/2017 , 11:05 AM
Bluechips is looking for an SAP Basis Consultant to provide technical support and leadership on SAP Basis systems - including establishing standards and requirements, evaluating and directing enhancements and implementing solutions for performance monitoring, systems configuration, design and implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Designs and develops SAP architecture requirements and specifications to ensure the system is meeting corporate needs.
- Provide operational excellence in the areas of SAP Basis, Solution Manager, Monitoring, Portal, Max Database, Unix-Shell and Scripting and other infrastructure elements.
- Assess operational quality, identify gaps, and manage closure of gaps in SAP Basis area.
- Ensure effective Error Trend Analysis and Problem Management.
- Continuously trains other team members in SAP Basis.
- Provide support for Major Incident Management and ensure timely resolution of Major Incidents
- Performs Solution Manager installation and configuration.
- Performs SAP ECC system upgrades and can guide in all the requirements and approach to perform a successful upgrade.
- Ensure SAP functional best practices are adhered to during Incident and Problem investigation and resolution
- Provide technical feasibility and appropriateness of proposed incident & problem resolutions when alternative solutions are available.
- Provide appropriate assessment of SAP OSS notes with regard to relevance for Bluechips operations.
- Assess and improve operational procedures (including housekeeping activities)
- Defect Prevention proposals
- Update operation procedures
Education and experience
- Good communication skills to deliver SAP Basis training.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts with IT Analysts and Management.
- Strong analytical skills
- 5 years hands-on Basis Administration experience as part of an SAP solutions team.
- Administration of the SAP Technology Stacks including experience with current releases of: SAP NetWeaver, ECC6, BI, PI and Solution Manager.
- Maintenance of multi-landscape environments through client copies, system refreshes, and transport management.
- Installation of SAP Software Release upgrades, support packs and OSS notes.
- Performance tuning of SAP Environments to ensure the efficient and secure operation of the SAP systems.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planner, Solution Monitoring, CUA, Java Administration.
- Understanding and execution of instance/client strategies in accordance with SAP best practices.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills to ensure high availability of SAP applications.
- Experience with SAP running on MaxDB Database.
- Desirable experience in upgrades to HANA database.
- Strong analytical experience on the Operating System UNIX.
- Ability to troubleshoot user authorization problems for FI/CO, SD, MM, HR, WM & PP.
- Support of SOX Audits, License Audits and coordination of SAP quality checks to ensure efficient use of all SAP hardware, software, operating systems, and databases.
- Full life-cycle implementation experience using SAP methodology.
- Upgrade experience of SAP-Enhancement Packages.
- Design and implementation of SAP data archiving strategies.
- SAP Security Architecture design and administration.
- Implementation & Configuration of GRC system. Concepts of Virsa Fire Fighters.
- User administration, multi data source configuration, role management through GRC.
Please Apply Here and mention SAP Basis consultant in your application.